Insurance for New England Area Pet Care and Grooming Businesses
Americans are known for working long hours. The long work schedules mean that dog walking and related pet care businesses are thriving in Boston and elsewhere in Massachusetts.
Too often, dog walking is viewed as a side business. As a result, these pet care providers neglect to obtain the right insurance coverage. If you are a dog walker or other pet care professional, you need to be sure that you have the right insurance coverage.
How Gallant Insurance Helps Pet Care Providers
At Gallant Insurance and L.F. Robbins Insurance, we help pet care business owners obtain the right insurance coverage. We know how to analyze the types of services provided and identify areas of risk.
As a pet care service provider, you are responsible for the animals in your care. This responsibility means that you could be held liable in the event of injury or death of the pet if you are proven negligent. Our insurance professionals can make sure you are protected from serious financial losses by setting you up with the correct levels of:
- Professional liability insurance: If a dog escapes while being walked and is hit by a car, or an animal is hurt while having its nails trimmed, professional liability insurance will protect you in the event of a negligence lawsuit.
- Workers compensation insurance: If your business has employees and one of your employees is injured in a slip and fall, workers compensation coverage will protect you and the employee.
- General liability insurance: If a passerby is bitten by the dog you are walking, general liability insurance will provide compensation to the victim in the event of a lawsuit or settlement.
Our insurance professionals make sure that pet care business owners have the coverage they need to protect themselves, their employees and their clients.
Insurance for Businesses Associated With Pet Care
Many pet care businesses, especially those involving grooming, are located in pet supply stores. Individuals who provide the pet care services should understand their personal liability. If this is you, you need to ask yourself pertinent questions such as:
- Am I an employee or independent contractor?
- Does the pet supply business insurance cover me, or am I expected to have my own insurance?
We can help you find out the answers to these questions.
Similarly, some pet care businesses are associated with veterinary clinics. If you provide grooming, bathing and nail trimming services, you need to make sure you are covered under the insurance of the clinic. If the clinic treats you as an independent contractor, you need to have your own insurance coverage to protect yourself if they are determined liable for a pet’s injury or death.
Call Gallant Insurance in Massachusetts for Insurance for Pet Care Providers
If you provide dog walking or other pet care services, you owe it to yourself to make sure you have the right level of insurance coverage. Contact one of our conveniently located offices to speak to one of our professionals. We offer free coverage analyses and quotes.