Boston, MA Medical Equipment Dealer Insurance
Gallant Insurance provides New England medical equipment dealers and suppliers with custom coverage. We recognize the special and extensive risks faced by the medical supply industry and have access to appropriate insurance coverage. We invite you to contact our Acton, Massachusetts, office to arrange a complimentary coverage review and consultation.
Durable Medical Equipment: Insurance Claims and Lawsuits
Claim: A defective hospital bed electrocuted the patient
Claim: Wheelchair leg rests collapsed and fractured patient’s leg
Claim: Oxygen concentrator caused a fire in patient’s home
Question: As a medical device retailer or dealer, are you covered?
Services for the Durable Medical Equipment Industry
A member of New England Medical Equipment Dealers Association (NEMED), Gallant Insurance Agency stays abreast of legal and regulatory issues in the medical device industry. Our agency has resources and expertise to serve surgical and medical supply companies, dealers in home medical equipment, sleep centers and other members of the medical supply industry.
Risk-management is key to our services. Our agent will provide a thorough review of your company’s risks, then develop a competitively priced commercial insurance package. We will help you meet coverage guidelines for the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP).
Custom Insurance Packages for Healthcare Suppliers
It is our goal to help you cover your risks as effectively and efficiently as possible by customizing your policy package to your operation. We work with The Hanover, a leader in insurance for the healthcare industry. The Hanover team of healthcare experts includes underwriters, claims adjusters and risk management professionals with industry-specific experience. Coverage offered to medical supply dealers includes the following:
- Professional liability insurance (errors and omissions) required under Medicare
- Commercial general liability
- Product liability insurance
- Commercial property insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Commercial umbrella (excess liability) insurance
- Workers compensation
- Employee benefits liability
- Inland marine insurance
- Medicare/DMEPOS surety bonds
- Fidelity and crime, employee theft of customer’s property
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI)
- Independent medical contractors insurance, extending insurance to your subcontractors
- Administrative defense coverage endorsement (covers expenses related to investigations of alleged HIPPA violations and other errors)
- Data breach/cyber liability insurance
- E-commerce and electronic vandalism insurance to protect your equipment and reimburse for business interruption
Request a Complimentary Coverage Review and Insurance Quote
If you own or represent a medical equipment dealership or supply company, we would be happy to provide a complimentary coverage review and consultation. Please contact our Acton, Mass., insurance office to arrange a complimentary coverage review and consultation.